The oldest part of the stately house was built in 1667, as shown in the date on the crest in the entrance hall and the one on the two sundials frescoed on the exterior walls.
Maurizio Ristorto in his book "Cenni storici sui Ronchi" confirms that the family of the Counts Caissotti di Chiusano owned the property in 1580. Again in 1785 statements bear witness to the ownership by Emilio Caissotti di Chiusano, a descendant of Carlo, who during the Napoleonic period obtained the prestigious title of Commander of the Stura Division. The aristocratic family was known to the Cuneo people because in 1718 it had financed the renovation of the Madonna delgi Angeli Sanctuary, a beloved place of the Cuneo citizens. The villa is still the private residence of the Conti Caissotti di Chiusano, who enjoy spending time there.